Sunday, May 3, 2015

All is calm...

And all is bright too!  

Oops, wrong season!

But things have definitely calmed down in the Painted Quilt household.

Why, you might ask?


Well, the package containing the line drawings and instructions for my first fabric line arrived in New York City on Wednesday morning, less than 24 hours after they were picked up here by Fed Ex on Tuesday.  I received a phone call on Thursday to tell me that everything was great and that they will now go "into production".  I'm not quite sure what that means but the Creative Director told me that they will have something for me to see and approve this week sometime.

To answer your questions with regards to when it will be available, I did ask and was told that they will be ready to ship to shops in April of 2016.  There are a lot of steps and procedures to go through from the designing stage to the actual production of the finished product and because this is all a new learning experience for me, I'll be sure to fill you all in as I am made aware of what's happening.


As you can well imagine, it's all quite exciting and very overwhelming!


It looks like it's going to be another beautiful day here in the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia after a long, hard winter with waaaaay too much snow.  It's all gone now and even though the weather has remained on the cool-ish side, it only took about a week or so for it all to melt away.

Yesterday Mr. Painted Quilt, Ollie and I spent about two hours outside doing some much needed yard work.  Three trailer loads of leaves were raked out of the flower beds and there's still lots more to go, but the main beds are done. 

The tulips and daffodils are about 6" high and many perennials are waking up and breaking ground after their long winter nap.  

It's such a beautiful time of year.

Happy stitching!

10 comments:

Jeanna said...

Congratulations Kaaren! I look forward to your line of fabric.

Enjoy your beautiful weather and time outside.

Sandi said...

Congratulations on their quick response Kaaren!

Glad to hear Spring is finally showing up for you. May it provide you with more inspiration!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Congratulations on In Production!
I look forward to your designs being available for sale.
Happy Spring!

Jacqueline said...

Such an amazing time for you. Congrats

Bev said...

It's so awesome that you are designing fabric! It's wonderful! I can't wait to see it! You are so talented, it is bound to be gorgeous!

Pam in IL said...

I love spring flowers and the way everything comes to life. Don't work too hard cleaning up the yard. Congrats on the fabric line progression.

Carol said...

That's awesome Kaaren

Janet O. said...

Very exciting stuff, Kaaren! I'll try to hang on for a year to see your fabrics!! : )

Helen Bowie said...

Hi Kaaren, So very excited for you and all of us for having a local Nova Scotia artist with her own line of fabric!!! So proud!

I read where you were out and about in the yard so you must be feeling and getting around better? Keep up your good work!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh how exciting for you! Now go have a cup of tea and relax while we all wait on tender hooks for next April! Enjoy this beautiful weather. WE are experiencing some sunshine here in Maine today too.